Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- Community Features and User Content
- Information Third Parties Provide About You
- Third Party Social Features
- Hosted Data and Development Data
- How We Use Your Information
- How and When We Disclose Information to Third Parties
- Information Security
- Accessing and Modifying Account Information and Communications Preferences
- Third Party Content, Links to Third Parties, and Cask Data Content Found Outside the Site
- Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
- California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
- How to Contact Us
Third Party Social FeaturesFunctionality on the Sites may permit a variety of interactions with third party websites, features or applications. If you choose to “like” or “share” content, interact with a third party’s features on a service, or to otherwise post information from or via the Sites to a third party website, feature or application, that information may become public and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of the Sites. If you post information on a third party platform that refers to Cask Data or a Site (e.g., by using a Twitter hashtag associated with Cask Data in your tweet), your post, user name and/or profile picture associated with the applicable social media account may be published on that Site in accordance with the terms of that third party. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook applications or a similar application or feature on a third party web site) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. The third party may allow you to remove the application or feature, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through the application or feature, but we may retain the information previously collected. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party web site give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connection’s” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party web site or interactive service.
- To provide you with the Sites and the services and provide related customer service, such as responding to your questions, complaints, and comments;
- To process your registration with the Sites and the services, including verifying that your email address is valid;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- To send you special offers from us, our advertisers, or third-party business partners;
- To process a transaction you initiate;
- To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving from us or the Site, for billing and collection purposes, and, in our discretion, regarding changes to the Site’s policies or functionality;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
- Third Party Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include, but are not limited to, providing customer support, mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting forms and services, providing analytics for the Sites, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, but they may use such information only as necessary to provide us with designated services.
- Your Company. If your company has provided you with access to a Site, such as through a corporate membership, we may share any and all information about your use of that Site, including your Personal Information and Usage Information, with your company or its agents.
- Business Transfers. Cask Data may share information, including Personal Information, Usage Information, and Hosted Data, with its affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. Cask Data may also disclose and transfer your Personal Information: (i) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of certain of Cask Data’s assets or ownership interests, or other company change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process; (ii) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of a Site, the Services, or applicable database(s); or (iii) if Cask Data (or any of its affiliated, parent, or subsidiary companies) assigns its rights regarding any of your information to a third party.
- Sweepstakes, Contests & Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
Information SecurityWe take commercially reasonable steps to help protect the Personal Information and the Usage Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable, and transmission over the Internet or wireless networks cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. You use our Sites and Services and provide us with information at your own risk.
Accessing and Modifying Account Information and Communications PreferencesYou are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you are a Registered User of a Site, you may update the information that is stored in your user account by logging in and updating your account. Cask Data will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for Cask Data’s administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. If you wish to stop receiving promotional e-mails from us, you may do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Sites or the services (for example, administrative and service announcements) and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from promotional communications.