Effective Date: September 10, 2015
and/or other customer agreements.
Table of Contents
Safe Harbor Certification
In light of the international nature of our business, Cask Data complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. For more information about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Information We Collect
If you sign-in to your account through Facebook Connect, Twitter authentication, GitHub authentication, or through any other social media platform (collectively, “Social Media
We do not collect any Personal Information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
Like most web sites, we and our service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information when you access our Sites (“Usage Information”). We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, such as to improve the Sites and our Services, to track your use of our Sites, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. Usage Information may include information about your operating system, browser type and language, information regarding referring URLs or advertisements, exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time of access, amount of time spent on particular pages or areas of the Sites, the sections of the Sites you access, and similar information concerning your use of the Sites and/or the Services. Usage Information also includes the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Sites. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access the Sites. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you in a personally identifying manner, we will treat it as Personal Information. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our service providers.
We may work with certain third parties (including analytics providers) to track and collect data about the use of the Sites and the services, including information about the version of the Sites and the Services, that will help us analyze and evaluate how the Sites and the Services are used. Some of these third parties may collect information about you, including but not limited to your online activities over time and across different Web sites, when you access a Site or other online websites and services. These third parties may set and access their own tracking technologies (including cookies and web beacons) and may otherwise collect or have access to your Device Identifier, Usage Information and related information about you.
Community Features and User Content
The Sites may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly through chat rooms, forums, interactive features, or other communication functionality (“Community Features”). We may provide functionality for you to submit or post text (including questions, comments, and suggestions), photographs, audio, videos, or other content (collectively, “User Content”) through Community Features, by linking a Site to a third-party service, or otherwise. Please note that certain information, such as your username and profile picture, may be publicly displayed on that Site along with your User Content. User Content consisting of uploaded files may contain metadata, which may contain Personal Information or other information about or relating to you. You may wish to remove metadata from your file(s) before transmitting such file(s) to us.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
Third Party Social Features
Functionality on the Sites may permit a variety of interactions with third party websites, features or applications. If you choose to “like” or “share” content, interact with a third party’s features on a service, or to otherwise post information from or via the Sites to a third party website, feature or application, that information may become public and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of the Sites. If you post information on a third party platform that refers to Cask Data or a Site (e.g., by using a Twitter hashtag associated with Cask Data in your tweet), your post, user name and/or profile picture associated with the applicable social media account may be published on that Site in accordance with the terms of that third party.
You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook applications or a similar application or feature on a third party web site) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. The third party may allow you to remove the application or feature, in which case we will no longer collect information about you through the application or feature, but we may retain the information previously collected. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party web site give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your “connection’s” web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party web site or interactive service.
Hosted Data and Development Data
Additionally, our Services may include a “phone-home” capability, which allows for a better user experience by enabling us to monitor usage of the Services and check for updates.
How We Use Your Information
- To provide you with the Sites and the services and provide related customer service, such as responding to your questions, complaints, and comments;
- To process your registration with the Sites and the services, including verifying that your email address is valid;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive;
- To send you special offers from us, our advertisers, or third-party business partners;
- To process a transaction you initiate;
- To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving from us or the Site, for billing and collection purposes, and, in our discretion, regarding changes to the Site’s policies or functionality;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
How and When We Disclose Information to Third Parties
We may disclose to third parties non-personally identifiable information (such as aggregate data regarding user behavior, overall patterns regarding use of the Sites, or demographic reports), that do not describe or identify any individual user, in our discretion and without restriction.
- Third Party Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include, but are not limited to, providing customer support, mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting forms and services, providing analytics for the Sites, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, but they may use such information only as necessary to provide us with designated services.
- Your Company. If your company has provided you with access to a Site, such as through a corporate membership, we may share any and all information about your use of that Site, including your Personal Information and Usage Information, with your company or its agents.
- Business Transfers. Cask Data may share information, including Personal Information, Usage Information, and Hosted Data, with its affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. Cask Data may also disclose and transfer your Personal Information: (i) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of certain of Cask Data’s assets or ownership interests, or other company change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process; (ii) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of a Site, the Services, or applicable database(s); or (iii) if Cask Data (or any of its affiliated, parent, or subsidiary companies) assigns its rights regarding any of your information to a third party.
- Sweepstakes, Contests & Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing.
We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect the Personal Information and the Usage Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable, and transmission over the Internet or wireless networks cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. You use our Sites and Services and provide us with information at your own risk.
Accessing and Modifying Account Information and Communications Preferences
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. If you are a Registered User of a Site, you may update the information that is stored in your user account by logging in and updating your account. Cask Data will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, however, that information may persist internally for Cask Data’s administrative purposes and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. If you wish to stop receiving promotional e-mails from us, you may do so by e-mailing email@example.com. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Sites or the services (for example, administrative and service announcements) and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from promotional communications.
Third Party Content, Links to Third Parties, and Cask Data Content Found Outside the Site
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Cask Data abides by the principles set forth in the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union member countries and Switzerland. However, it is important to note that the servers that store the information are operated in the United States or at one of our other data centers located outside the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information provided to us may be transferred to the United States. By accessing the Sites and/or using our Services, you consent to this transfer.
for more information and to file a complaint.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the Sites. If you are under 13, please do not give us any Personal Information. If Cask Data discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information from anyone younger than the age of 13, it will delete that information.
California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties and affiliates for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at the following mailing address: 150 Grant Avenue, Suite C, Palo Alto, CA 94306. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
How to Contact Us